In all organizations, good things don't just happen . . . people make them happen! We are grateful to our volunteers for their tireless dedication but as our organization continues to grow, we hope you will be interested in joining our volunteer ranks. We invite you to take a look at the summary of opportunities below and decide for yourself where you may be able to donate your talents and time.
To view, or download, a detailed list of all current Volunteer positions including skills needed and who to contact, click HERE
Membership & Meetings
- Greet members, and guests, as they enter the meeting room. Assist members with the check-in process, introduce members and guests to other members, answer questions about SAGS.
- Assist the current Membership Director, learn the membership process and how to maintain the membership database.
- Assist the current Treasurer helping to collect and process dues or special function payments at monthly Society meetings.
- Design surveys to evaluate monthly programs, seminars, workshops, classes and SIGs.
- Design educational programs or lead a SIG group.
- Develop and lead local or regional field trips of interest to Society members.
Public Relations & Community Outreach
- Create brochures, posters, and signage for Society events.
- Send press releases to area news sources, libraries and other genealogy societies.
- Maintain the SAGS Facebook page.
- Promote SAGS at community activities and assist with setting up tables and signs, speak at community meetings.
Society Meetings (Monthly)
- Assist with final set-up of meeting room.
- Provide audio-visual assistance at monthly meetings.
- Assist in kitchen with preparing snack trays and filling drink containers.
- Organize and instruct "Getting Started" genealogy classes for the Library.
- Manage the Library kiosk of instructional handouts.
- Manage Library research requests.
- Become a Library Greeter or Genie to welcome visitors and assist them with using the Library resources.
- Manage the webinar series of instructional videos held at the Library twice a month.
- Handle the sale of Library books through the Silent Auction and Library Book Cart.
- If you'd like to help in other ways, please let us know.