The Southern Arizona Genealogy Society (SAGS) is an outgrowth of the Green Valley Genealogical Society that began in late 1976. Although meetings are still held in Green Valley, membership and community outreach covers Cochise, Pima, Santa Cruz, Yuma, and any other counties interested in our Society's programs. SAGS is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
Our Mission Statement
Discover Your Ancestors
We meet the Society's mission statement through these actions:
- Encourage genealogical research
- Deliver informative monthly programs by professional genealogists
- Provide Past Tracks, a members-only newsletter with enlightening articles and society information
- Offer meaningful and specialized educational programs fo members
- Support an award-winning genealogy library staffed by volunteer genealogists
- Present an annual seminar featuring a nationally/internationally known genealogist or family history speaker
- Deliver information to members and the community through our website and Facebook page
- Provide outreach and genealogy/family history support to Southern Arizona communities
- Encourage genealogical data exchange among the members
- Cooperation with regional, national and individual genealogy and family history societies.
Society meetings are held the third Thursday of the month, October through May (except February which is our annual seminar). Meetings are held from 1:00-3:00PM at the Valley Presbyterian Church, 2800 S. Camino del Sol, Green Valley, AZ. Check the Calendar listing on our website for information on upcoming programs and guest speakers. For easy directions and a map of our meeting location that you can view and print, click HERE.
Become a Member
Membership in SAGS is open to anyone interested in the pursuit of genealogy whether they are a beginner or seasoned genealogy researcher. Annual memberships begin October 1 and expire September 30. There are no membership meetings from June through September. For more information on becoming a member, click here.
Operating Year: October 2019 - September 2020
||Board Members (L-R): Diane Farone, Jerry Ferris, Debra Kabinier, Moreen Ferdie
||Directors (L-R): Cindy Albert, Darillyn Doss, Edie Sly, Jan Burke, Becky McCreary