The Southern Arizona Genealogy Society (SAGS) is an outgrowth of the Green Valley Genealogical Society that began in late 1976. Although meetings are still held in Green Valley, membership and community outreach covers Cochise, Pima, Santa Cruz, Yuma, and any other counties interested in our Society's programs. SAGS is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
Our Mission Statement
Discover Your Ancestors
We meet the Society's mission statement through these actions:
- Encourage genealogical research
- Deliver informative monthly programs by professional genealogists
- Provide Past Tracks, a members-only newsletter with enlightening articles and society information
- Offer meaningful and specialized educational programs for members
- Support an award-winning genealogy library staffed by volunteer genealogists
- Present an annual seminar featuring a nationally/internationally known genealogist or family history speaker
- Deliver information to members and the community through our website and Facebook page
- Provide outreach and genealogy/family history support to Southern Arizona communities
- Encourage genealogical data exchange among the members
- Cooperation with regional, national and individual genealogy and family history societies.
Society meetings are held the third Thursday of the month, October through May (except February when we have our Annual Workshop & Seminar) from 1:00-3:00PM. Check the Calendar listing on our website for information on all upcoming programs and guest speakers.
Become a Member
Membership in SAGS is open to anyone interested in the pursuit of genealogy whether they are a beginner or seasoned genealogy researcher. Annual memberships begin October 1 and expire September 30. For more information on becoming a member, click here.
Operating Year: October 2022 - September 2023
||JoAnn M Herbst