Welcome to SAGS!
It's all new . . . and it's all good!
Welcome to the Southern Arizona Genealogy Society. We start our renewed Society with the wisdom and traditions obtained from 43 years as the successful Green Valley Genealogical Society. Our new name, logo, and motto, express the excitement we want to share with all our southern Arizona neighbors about genealogy, family history, educational opportunities, and our award-winning genealogy library.
Discover Your Ancestors with the Southern Arizona Genealogy Society!
Registration for Workshops & Seminar
Is Now Open
Blain Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D., is a professional genealogist specializing in DNA evidence. He is the author of the long-running blog The Genetic Genealogist, and frequently gives presentations and webinars to educate others about the use of DNA to explore their ancestry. He is the author of The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy, and co-author with Debbie Parker Wayne of the award-winning book Genetic Genealogy in Practic, the world's first genetic genealogy workbook.
It's Family History Month!
Here are 7 things you can do to celebrate this special month:
- Scan those family photos and documents that are gathering dust on your desk.
- Visit a cemetery ... no stone should be turned.
- Interview grandparents (anybody's grandparents will do).
- Interview your kids (no time like the present to get the true stories).
- Take a DNA test ... great way to get ready for SAGS 2020 DNA event!
- Plan a "live like your ancestors" night ... try great grandma's favorite recipe.
- Join a genealogy society .... make new friends!